currENT is looking for a Policy Officer
currENT is the key industry association representing innovative grid technology companies operating in Europe. Our members are taking Europe’s power network to the next level – developing and supplying innovative technologies that optimize the use of the existing electricity grid, and that build new grids as efficiently as possible.
We want to see a massive uptake in renewables, while maintaining security of supply, and keeping costs as low as possible. We see power networks at the core of a successful energy transition. We achieve our common goal to speed up the green energy transition through generating awareness, moving policy, enhancing technology, and engaging with stakeholders.
As a Policy Officer, you will be supporting currENT’s policy work in Brussels, by monitoring and analyzing ongoing EU policy initiatives, by developing currENT’s policy positions, together with the membership, and representing currENT’s positions in stakeholder meetings, external working groups, and events. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most innovative and exciting companies in the electricity transmission industry.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing policy positions in line with the associations objectives and in the context of the EU Green Deal;
- Drafting responses to consultations from the European Commission, ENTSO-E, ACER, National Regulators and other relevant policymakers in line with the association’s policy positions;
- Monitoring and analysis of relevant policy files and identifying opportunities to further the association’s objectives;
- Representing the association’s policy positions at external events and stakeholder workshops;
- Maintaining contacts with key stakeholders and growing the network of the association;
- Support in the dissemination of political communications through press releases, social media, webinars, events, the website, etc..
- Supporting the organization of internal member meetings and working groups and contribution to the overall smooth functioning of the association.
We are looking for:
- Working experience in topics such as the European energy transition, electricity networks, infrastructure development, offshore energy, etc.;
- 2-3 years relevant working experience, e.g. in European affairs, policy, industry (tech, economics, innovation, materials science, etc.);
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to work independently;
- A Master’s degree in Economics, Political Science, European Affairs, Engineering or equivalent – or demonstrable working experience at an equivalent level;
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English. Another EU language is a plus;
- Must be eligible to work in Belgium;
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and motivation to [email protected] by Friday 2 February.