currENT welcomes the new Digitalisation of the Energy System Action Plan presented by the European Commission a few weeks ago.
While the proposed measures are a big step in the right direction, a speedy and effective implementation will be absolutely key to delivering on the EU’s climate policy objectives. Below are several recommendations going forward:
- The digitalisation of the energy sector needs to help speed up the energy transition
- Solution-oriented approaches are needed going forward
- Successful implementation of the Digitalisation of the Energy System Action Plan depends on clear timelines and full transparency
- Europe need to invest in the resilience of the grid in the broadest sense
- Technology providers need to be included in the Smart Energy Expert Group
Access the following document to see our detailed recommendations.